If you have a career that’s becoming increasingly demanding, the BlackBerry PlayBook will make life so much easier for you. We’re all familiar with the boxy-looking BlackBerry handsets, but this one is not quite the smartphone we’re all used to seeing. The PlayBook is actually a touchscreen tablet designed for smooth web browsing, multitasking, and high-performance multimedia while providing the convenience of portability and advanced security features.
This sleek-looking device is beautifully designed. It features a crisp, clear, 7″ high-resolution multi-touch display and is said to be the “fastest tablet ever”, thanks to its Cortex A9-based, dual-core 1GHz CPU. Key features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook include:
• 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
• BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
• 1 GHz dual-core processor
• 1 GB RAM
• Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
• Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
• Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
• HDMI video output
• Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
• Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
• Ultra thin and portable:
o Measures 5.1”x7.6”x0.4” (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
o Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
• Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook will be shared on or before the date this product is launched in retail outlets.
• RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.
Expect the BlackBerry PlayBook to be out in the United States in early 2011; the rest of the world will get it at the second quarter of 2011. RIM is also working with developers for early testing and development. If you’d like to get access, sign up at www.blackberry.com/developers/tabletos
For more information, visit www.blackberry.com/playbook.
*Bluetooth support required.