The Samsung’s Galaxy K zoom, a new camera-specialized smartphoneAdd a plus one if you want to recommend this post to your network.
These days, more consumers are looking into smartphones that blends advanced digital camera technology. Gone are the days of lugging around heavy DSLR. There is a demand for camera-quality optics in a mobile-sized frame. So… Move over Nokia Lumia 1020 because the Samsung Galaxy K zoom is a new smartphone that features effortless capturing ability, real optics, a premium design and the ability to create professional-quality visual content in a fun, easy-to-use device.
As a camera-specialized smartphone, the Galaxy K zoom offers and advanced technical camera system designed to offer the control and functionality of a professional camera.
What does the Samsung Galaxy K zoom offer?
1. Equipped with new retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a remarkably slim and chic body.
2. 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor for ultra-clear , ultra detailed images.
3. Excels in low light conditions and provides Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) to reduce blur caused by movement.
These specifications ensure that the photos and vide (in full HD) are crisp and shapr even when zoomed and in low light. An example of this is when my team member (Jane) and I took photos of St. Andrew’s Church with a 10 X digital zoom. See how clear and sharp it is.
4. The device Xenon flash provides a brighter light than a regular smartphone’s LED flash.
5. The AF/AE separation (Auto focus/Auto Exposure separation) for precise balance of light and clarity.
We were able to test this feature by taking a sunset picture. Sadly, the weather was so cloudy but we still made do with the cloudy condition. This is my favorite feature. As you can see from the photo below, the subject (me) is still clear despite the lighted condition outside the glass window.
6. The next- generation Pro Suggest mode offers live optimized filter settings.
7. The Selfie Alarm allows users to take timed selfies with ease and object tracking for a clear, focused shot of a moving subject.
8. LTE connectivity, Kids mode, ultra power saving mode for minimizing battery consumption, S Health Lite for personalized fitness and lifestyle coaching and a studio app to easily edit photos and videos.
Aside from the Galaxy K zoom features, the smartphone features an ergonomic grip and sleek stylish lines that feel soft and comfortable. The K Zoom is an improvement over the S4 Zoom in many fronts, including the overall design and portability.
Inside the device is a Samsung ‘hexacore’ chip that “uses both 1.3GHz quad-core and 1.7GHz dual-core processors. The phone has 2GB of RAM and only 8GB of internal storage, but there’s a microSD slot for expansion”. Despite its slightly bulky look, the final verdict is the ” Galaxy K Zoom makes sense for someone who wants to get a bit more serious about photography – with zoom settings, ISO control and the rest – without having to carry two devices around. ”
The SRP for the Samsung Galaxy K zoom is 24,990 (LTE).
Samsung Galaxy K Zoom specifications
Android 4.4 (kitkat) with TouchWiz
Exynos 5260, quad-core 1.3GHz Cortex A7 and dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 processors
2GB of RAM
Internal memory of 8 GB expandable via micro SDXC (up to 64GB guaranteed)
4.8-inch Super AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 720 x 1280 resolution
20.7-megapixel rear camera, 1/2.3-inch sensor, 10x optical zoom (24-240mm lens), OIS, LED and Xenon flash
2-megapixel front camera
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6 mm