Samsung Mobile Announces Expansion of Galaxy Tab Family with Addition of Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 and Samsung Galaxy S WiFi™ 5.0Add a plus one if you want to recommend this post to your network.
Samsung Electronics Philippines Corporation (SEPCO) a leading phone provider, announced the immediate availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 and the, Galaxy S WiFi™ 5.0.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is available for sale nationwide starting October 7, 2011for Php32,490.00 for the 32GB version and Php27,490.00for the 16GB version. The Galaxy S Wifi 5.0 available for Php12,990.00 . Visit www.samsung.com.ph for additional product details.
The Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 joins the Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 as the thinnest mobile tablets currently available in the Philippine market, measuring at 8.6 millimeters. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 is built with a 1.0 ghz dual-core T250S processor, WXGA TFT display (1280×800 resolution) fortified by Gorilla® Glass. The portable tablet includes a 6,100 mAh battery for hours of entertainment without needing a recharge. This premium hardware is packaged in a sleek, portable design weighing less than one pound (447 grams).
The Galaxy Tab 8.9 is packed with entertainment, productivity and content sharing services to make the device a true focal core of the user’s consumer electronics ecosystem. The list of powerful services includes:
- · Samsung Readers Hub: The lightweight design and large display make the Galaxy Tab 8.9 an ideal device to access the Readers Hub robust library of more than 2.2 million books, 2,000 newspapers and 2,300 magazines.
- · Social Hub: Users can aggregate email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections into a single interface through the service’s “Feeds” and “Messages” files.
- · Google™ Mobile Services: A suite of Google Mobile Services is preloaded on the Galaxy Tab 8.9 including access to more than 250,000 applications on Android Market™, Gmail™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ 5.0 with 3D maps and Google Talk™ with video and voice chat.
- · AllShare™ service: Provides seamless content transfer between the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and other DLNA-enabled devices such as HDTV’s, monitors and digital cameras.
- · WiFi Direct™: Allows the Galaxy Tab 8.9 to locate and connect with other WiFi devices without a central access point.
- · Rear and Front-facing cameras: The rear-facing 3-megapixel camera and front-facing 2-megapixel camera including flash and autofocus, 1080p video playback and full support of video chat and digital imaging
- · Polaris™ Office: Instant access to documents, spreadsheets and presentations to view and edit while on the move
- · Swype: Re-size the keyboard, move the virtual keyboard anywhere on the screen and type faster by swyping
- · Mobile Printing: Print documents and pictures wirelessly from the Galaxy Tab 8.9 to any compatible printer.
The Galaxy Tab 8.9 shares many other features and services with the Tab 10.1 including Samsung’s TouchWiz® UX. This unique user interface was created to integrate with Android™ 3.1, Honeycomb, to deliver a truly customized and interactive tablet experience. The TouchWiz UX includes:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch overlay access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator and Music Player
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., for easy sharing via email and social network sites
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off connectivity, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in the lower right-hand corner of the display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images
The Galaxy S WiFi™ 5.0 is the evolution of the MP3 player. It is a mini tablet with a built in 1.0 ghz processor, which offers a premium entertainment experience in your pocket . The large 5-inch touchscreen is an excellent option for enjoying games, music, videos, e-books and social media while on the move. The Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 weighs just 6.4 ounces, delivering powerful entertainment, communication and information without the bulk of portable DVD players or laptops. The Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 are powered by Android™ Froyo 2.2, complete with a new, streamlined user interface and are enabled with Wi-Fi™ (802.11 b/g/n) connectivity for quick and easy access to online services and Web search. In addition, the two devices are designed with front and rear cameras for video chat and photography. Both Android devices will support Samsung’s Media Hub content service in the future through a software update.
“These additions to the Galaxy family of products are impressive examples of our commitment to offering consumers an unrivaled array of choices for entertainment and information on-the-go,” said Binggoy Mauricio , Business Unit Director SEPCO Mobile. ”People want their mobile device to fit their lifestyle and the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 offer unparalled power and portability to meet the widest consumer needs.”
Additional features of the Galaxy Tab 8.9 include:
Enterprise Solutions and Services:
- Full support for Exchange ActiveSync version 14
- On device encryption
- Cisco VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Sybase® MDM (Mobile Device Management)
- Cisco WebEx™ mobile conference solution for meetings on the go
- · If the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is lost or stolen, the user can locate the device on a map, and track it live as it moves, remotely lock the device to prevent unauthorized access and delete personal information stored on the device.
Additional features of the Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 include:
Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 5.0
Network – WiFi™ 802.11b/g/n
OS – Android™ Froyo 2.2
Display – 5” WVGA TFT LCD (800×480)
Rear : 3.2MP Camera AF with LED Flash
Front : VGA Camera
Format : MPEG4/H263/H264,Divx/Xvid
Playback & Recording: 720p HD Video
MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, OGG, WMA, FLAC, WAV
3.5mm Ear Jack, FM Radio and Stereo Speaker
Google™ Mobile Services : Google™ Talk, Google™ Maps, Books, etc.
8GB , microSD slot (up to 32GB)
3.07 x 5.56 x 0.46 inches